Thursday, May 31, 2012

June 27th

The day for M's hernia repair: June 27th. It will be an outpatient procedure. We won't find out until the day before the exact time everything is, but I am assuming it's going to be in the morning. I am hoping it's going to be in the morning. I am worried about her not being able to have anything to eat/drink. I think that is going to be the hardest part for her, especially for the car ride there (which is over an hour from where we live).

In speaking with the Pediatric surgeon, my suspicions seem to be true: they believe that babies who are born with gastroschisis are more prone to developing hernias later on. She also seems to think that it is M's ovary that is poking out, and not her intestine. C asked if this should affect her development in anyway, and she said no. But I still can't help but wonder if it will affect her fertility at any point in her life, so I will be asking about this when she goes in for her surgery as I never thought to ask when she was born (her ovaries were outside the abdomen, along with her intestines, stomach and bladder) and forgot to ask at the appointment yesterday.

I know all will go well, as she is a tough little cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, for some reason I didn't know all of this. I love you sweetie. She will come through with flying colors.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete