Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hernias and Mirena

My poor little girl has a hernia (groin). She woke up from her nap today at 6pm absolutely inconsolable and we noticed a very hard, half dollar sized lump by her groin while C was changing her and immediately took her to the ER. Both the nurse practitioner and the on-call doc told us it was a hernia. She is most likely going to be needing surgery, which most likely means a trip to Pittsburgh.
We are going to be scheduling a follow up with her pediatrician tomorrow and will know more after we see him.

On a different note, I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get this dreaded Mirena removed. It has been causing me SO many un-welcomed side effects lately that I just cannot stand to have it anymore. Apparently these are all side effects that quite a few women have, but doctors don't bother to tell you about, or refuse to associate with the Mirena being the cause. Which, I think is ridiculous. I am sick of dealing with the nausea that is constant with the only thing keeping it at bay being eating constantly, which I am sure has lead to quite the weight gain (I haven't weighed myself in quite awhile). My mood swings have gotten out of control lately, with depression being deep these days and I am very fatigued as well.
I am going to be trying the Pill again, so we will see how that goes. Hopefully things will get better after this darn thing is removed!

1 comment:

  1. I dislike both those things very much. Hope it all goes well... Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete