Monday, January 28, 2013

Potty, Party, Job

M finally went on her potty!! Once last night and once today after lunch. While I really don't mind changing diapers and I don't want to rush her, I am still really excited!!
She turns 2 on Saturday. We are having a small party with just family and a couple of very close friends. If everyone shows up, we are expecting about 19 people. I'm still not sure how I am going to fit everyone in this tiny place, but I'm sure it will all work out. I am excited for my parents to come visit for a few days. Especially since they are helping us out with a couple of things for the party (food, chairs, drinks) since things are so tight for us right now.
Both C and I got interviewed to do a CNA course starting next month. I am hoping we both get called back for it so that we can finally move out of this place and start getting off GA. But, the big problem is going to be what we are going to be doing with M while we take these classes because they are 4 days a week, 8 hours a day for 1 month and we can't afford daycare and the stupid state has a waiting list for state assisted daycare. So I am still not sure how that is going to work. Worst comes to worst (or is it, worse comes to worse? I can never remember...) only one of us will take the class and then the other will just have to wait to take the class. And I think if that happens, as much as I want to do this and have a job, I am going to just let C take the class and I will continue to stay home with M. If that is so, I am definitely going to try and join MOPS or something so that we can get out of the house a little more. And even if there is only one of us working in this position, I am still hoping that we are going to be able to move out of this place and out to the town that the nursing home is. This will help us to save on gas and wear and tear on the car.
I am also hoping that our income tax is going to be good this year as well. We are already planning on buying a new mattress, but that's about our only plan. I am REALLY hoping we can use the rest of the money to help us move or something. In case you haven't noticed, I really hate living where we are living. It was helpful for awhile, but now I think it's just hurting us.
I guess we will just wait and see what happens. No sense in planning too far ahead I've learned. Things never seem to go as planned!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for M. That's so awesome. And that's sweet of you to let C take the course if both of you can't. I can't wait for taxes to come back this year. Yay!

    ReplyDelete