Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bad Neighbors

I'm sure we have all had bad neighbors in our lifetimes.
There's the neighbor who is too loud. Blaring bad music with the bass turned up so that's all you can hear through the walls/ceilings. Always having friends over and shouting at each other cause they can't hear each other over the music. I don't have a solution for this neighbor, although I wish I did.
There's the neighbor whose dog always poops in your yard. And never picks it up. My solution (even though I have honestly never been in this situation)? Pick up the dog poop and put it in your neighbors yard. Better yet, on the front doorstep.

I know there are other types of neighbors, but those are the two that come to mind. The latter just because I thought my solution was funny.
The former, well, that's the situation I am in right now.
I live in an apartment complex, so of course the walls are thin. I know it's hard to keep quiet as mice all the time when you live in a place with thin walls. It's simply not logical to ask someone to be that quiet all the time. Especially when you have a toddler that just loves to screech and scream all day long, and you really have no way of knowing how loud you are being yourself. But, it's another thing to be loud and know you are being loud without any concern for those that live around you. That's what bothers me.
We just had a couple with 2 children move in next door to us. They are young, younger than me and my hubster are. They have young children as well. And a bird. We know how hard it is to keep your kids quiet and what not, especially when they are very young and have no sense of being loud and obnoxious. What gets me is that they like to have their music up. Fine. But, they have to have the bass going as well. Not so fine. They also sound like they have elephants running into the walls constantly. It just baffles me as to what in the world they could be doing to have to slam into the walls like that and be so oblivious that people live on the other side of that wall they are slamming into. Like I said before, I know you can't help it sometimes, but for it to be as constant as it is? Just makes me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment